Health Foundation Nepal (HFN) is a non-governmental organization that works in partnership with the local community-based organization to provide health care services in Nepal. HFN provides different services with an interest in the health and development of rural areas of Nepal organizing different programs that help to upgrade the health quality of people living in Nepal, partnering with America Nepal medical foundation, Man Mohan hospital, etc. focusing on health services and activities.
The second wave was more deadlier than the previous one, the spread rate was at peak and the symptoms and effect more life threatening. The previous trend of meeting doctors face-to-face for diagnosis failed, as the hospital services were difficult to get and it acted as the super spreader of Covid-19. Patients were lost at where to go and whom to reach out to.
As the second wave of Covid-19 hit the streets of Nepal, the health system of Nepal was pushed to a breaking point. That’s when nonprofits, health organizations, social workers, and individuals came together to provide any help that they could to fight pandemic as a community.
Health Foundation Nepal played its part by providing a platform by connecting doctors to patients directly with Teleconsultation. HFN had about 60+ doctors all over Nepal who were skilled and ready to provide telehealth service to the ones in need. However connecting all the doctors to the patients was difficult with their current phone system.
The problem faced by HFN while moving towards the noble cause was:
- Their current phone system: GSM and landline didn’t allow much flexibility in connecting 65+ doctors from 25+ districts of Nepal.
- Transparency and quality assurance was another key issue on their journey, the matter was of life and death in Covid-19 teleconsultation, and not ensuring right consultation could have resulted in deadlier outcomes.
- Doctors from all over Nepal were to be connected with patients from all over Nepal, this without proper technology was a hassle to even start with.
- Additionally, Covid-19 consultation was required constantly, as the patients at least suffered it for 10-15 days. Calling the patients back to follow up on their current health status was vital instead of letting them be with a single consulting call. But, keeping track of 800+ patients could be hectic for the doctors. But, it was a necessity for effective health services.
HFN partnered with VoxCrow for technical support with Getdesk Call Center software. Getdesk is a call center software that enables you to make and receive calls with web-based software. With just a laptop, Internet connection, and headphones you can run call centers, customer service, customer support, and in this case teleconsultation from anywhere in Nepal.
All the doctors were set up with Getdesk Call Center software in their personal laptops, they used the web-based software to handle all the incoming calls, and make follow up calls.
- With help of VoxCrow, HFN acquired SIP phone number that allows a single phone number to receive more than 10 calls at a time, this ensured all the patients who reached out for help were catered to. HFN was able to connect to 800+ patients in a single day.
- With just a phone system, HFN would have never gained access to call recordings of each calls, call details and reports generated of all the calls. Thus, when they used Getdesk Call Center for handling all the calls, they were able to ensure the quality of each call, and access call recordings in case of any discrepancies. With Getdesk, they were able to see how many patients each doctor handled, and many more.
- Given the government imposed lockdown during the second wave, HFN’s doctors resided all over the country even in remote areas like Mustang. In this case, HFN wasn’t able to provide a centralized help center for doctors to connect with the patients, but due to remote working ease with Getdesk, doctors were able to connect to the Internet and directly with the patients.
- Getdesk’s callback scheduler enables the doctors to set up a call back for each patient per necessity, the doctor would be notified to call back a certain patient on the date and time set in the call back scheduler.
This is how Health Foundation Nepal (HFN) provided teleconsultation service with Getdesk to everyone who needed it during the four-month long lockdown, and even after that.
Getdesk is number one Call Center software in Nepal.
Call us at 9880 555 000 to know more!